cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:51:33 GMT

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:27:43 +0100 (CET)
> From: Reinhard Poetz <reinhard_poetz@yahoo.de>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
>

> --- Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org> schrieb:
>
>>> [1]
>>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/796.html
>>> [2]
>>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/797.html
>>
>> The above two tutorials seems to be a good start.
>> Now I think I need to
>> get in touch with the two below to play through the
>> samples in the
>> tutorials above to get where to start
>> extending/implementing what's
>> still missing.
>
> For the time being, most of the described
> functionality hasn't been implemented. Therefore it
> most probably contains some inconsistences. I trust in
> your imagination to step through the tutorials ;-)

:-) how true (I've figured)

> If you find inconsistences or sections that are
> unclear or incomplete, just let me know and/or improve
> them yourself.

The first thing we need to have is the archetype for a block skeleton to
get a step ahead through the first tutorial. So let's define a list of
items we need and requirements one has.

If I understand your tutorials correctly [1] is about creating a single
block (which _can_ be a single application or a brick for build an
application) and [2] is the creation of a webapp/war directory/file
deployable into a servlet engine. Is this correct?

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/796.html
[2] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/797.html

- --
Giacomo Pati