cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r367382 - in /cocoon/trunk/lib: core/jetty-jmx-5.1.8.jar core/mx4j-3.0.1.jar core/mx4j-jmx-3.0.1.jar jars.xml
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:41:27 GMT

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:45:33 +0100
> From: Leszek Gawron <lgawron@mobilebox.pl>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r367382 - in /cocoon/trunk/lib:
>     core/jetty-jmx-5.1.8.jar   core/mx4j-3.0.1.jar core/mx4j-jmx-3.0.1.jar
>     jars.xml
>
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>> >  Before taking such drastic moves we should probably have a full
>> >  replacement for current build system. Up till now we had quite a nice
>> >  solution [1]. If we are to drop it we should resolve following issues:
>> >
>> >  1. developers/more advanced users often use trunk snapshots even for
>> >  production (I have probably never used a released version :)). If so
>> >  there has to be a support in our build system to deploy artifacts not
>> >  only to apache repository but also to company's/individual's repository.
>> >  I am not talking here about simple 'mvn install' which only copies the
>> >  file on the same computer to local repo.
>>

>>  The release plugin take care of this:
>>  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-releasing.html, IIUC you can
>>  overide where it reads from, I'm not shure about if there if you can
>>  override the release repository without changing the root POM.
>
> The official documentation states the only way to do this is to change
> cocoon's POM and that is not a solution I would advise to users.

I do not really understand the issue you are talking about
(what would you like to deploy to your own repo? Cocoon itself?) But
maybe have a look at the profile concept of Maven at

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

A profile can be used similar to M1 build.properties but has much more
possibilities (overwriting distribution management things).

- --
Giacomo Pati