cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Problems with JMX Support and Tomcat
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:51:17 GMT

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:46:38 +0100
> From: Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org>
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [2.2] Problems with JMX Support and Tomcat
>
> Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> Hmm.. maybe we either need our own JMX ModelMBean base class, witching
>> to commons modeler, or copy from jetty whats needed (as once
>> Sylvain suggested)?
>>
> "witching"? - LOL
>
> I can come up with a list of required classes for jetty's jmx support
> tomorrow. Perhaps it's only the LogFactory. If only some classes are
> missing, we can repackage them, but as soon as this gets more complex we
> can either ask the jetty guys to provide different packages or switch to
> something different. What about Spring? I don't know much about it but I
> think Spring has some jmx support as well.

I don't know much about JMX support in spring either.

I've checked what is needed from the jetty-jmx jar to make it usable for
us. In the end I've managed to compile with just 2 classes from the
jetty-jmx library (the ModelMBeanImpl and TypeUtil class) replacing
jetty's LogFactory with the one from commons-logging.

I don't know whether it's legal to just copy thoses two classes into our
source tree (jetty is licensed under ASL 2.0).

- --
Giacomo Pati