cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimst...@hippo.nl>
Subject Cocoon 2.1.8 and SendMailTransformer
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:20:42 GMT
I built Cocoon 2.1.8. on Windows XP with J2SDK 1.4.2_09, added JavaMail 1.3.1 and Activation
1.0.2 from Sun.

When I try to use the SendMailTransformer, it only tries to connect to localhost on port 25.
It doesn't matter if I change the smtp-host or smtp-post values in the sitemap, the XML file
that contains the 'mail' or in cocoon.xconf. On my (Windows) machine there's no mail server
listening on port 25 so I get the following error "Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost,
port: 25 (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)".

Later I excluded lib/optional/geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc5.jar and added src/blacks/mail/mocks/javax/mail/
from Cocoon 2.1.7 to build Cocoon 2.1.8. Now the SendMailTransformer does use the smtp-host
and smtp-port values. Is this a known bug/feature? If so, I couldn't find any documentation
about it and I will add it to the Wiki.

Jasha Joachimsthal

---------

Hippo