cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <geoff.how...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rejuvenating the webdav block
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 03:58:07 GMT
On 12/20/05, Max Pfingsthorn <m.pfingsthorn@hippo.nl> wrote:
> > > On another note: I  need the eventcaching block  for webdav, but
> > > that  one only  needs jms  in one  class, and  databases in  the
> > > samples. So, I'll work on the  dependency issue there instead of
> > > in the webdav block directly.

> The eventcache is needed for more advanced caching. The components need to know about
it to be able to construct the right Validity objects for Source.getValidity(). We found out
that eventcaching is really key for good performance of the website, so I would consider it
a good kind of dependency. Of course, the eventcaching block depending (indirectly) on the
database block is a bit silly.

Yes, these dependencies were always somewhat painful - as we discussed
before [1].  It's only the samples that cause the dependency on the
database block IIRC.  There was some work being done on samples
dependencies I think - or were samples being separated into samples
blocks perhaps?  That would cure this.

I see you've implemented some of this in webdav - did you manage to
avoid a dependency on the database block somehow?

Geoff