cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject I'm lost...could we have more README files?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:29:56 GMT
Hi devs,

I've been trying to keep up with what's happening in the trunk, without
being able to invest continuous time here currently, and I must admit
that I'm lost in several areas.

IMHO it's currently hard to find how to try out the following
features/run modes/stuff:

-Build with Maven
-Blocks mode
-JMX features
-Development vs. deployment mode (IIRC Carsten has implemented
something cool with properties)
-OSGI mode
-I might have forgotten other exciting stuff

Would it be possible for people working in these areas to create short
README files in the trunk, and keep them up to date when something
happens in that area?

There's already README.osgi, we could have README.maven, README.jmx,
README.blockmode, etc..

My goal is to allow any of us to experiment with these new features
even if they haven't followed them closely, by finding the necessary
information, links, status etc. in one place.

So, I'd be thankful if people who work in these areas could keep us up
to date in this way, so that we can share the excitment about these new
features.

I know this ultimately belongs to some docs, but as these things are
still evolving it's much easier to keep a single file up to date per
feature/mode. If docs are here already, just put an link to them in the
README file.

Thanks for listening ;-)

-Bertrand