cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Null session object in JXTG
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:38:44 GMT

please have a look at:

While the documentation seems to imply that the session object should
be available to JXTG, it doesn't seem the case at all. Are we missing
something or is that a bug? The relevant lines to blame seem to be:

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/" line 2433:

 if (session != null) {

given that no session object is available in the objectModel, and
given that a few lines above the session is grabbed anyways:

        final Object session = request.getSession(false);

that line should become

if (session != null) {
            cocoon.put("session", session);

which works for us. Or are we missing something? I'm wondering what
should FOM_JavaScriptFlowHelper.getFOM_Session(objectModel) do at all,
if that's the case...

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l. -
Orixo, the XML business alliance: