cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] Time to finish
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:08:48 GMT
Le 5 janv. 06, à 11:40, Daniel Fagerstrom a écrit :

> ...IIRC, all Cocoon with blocks included, where possible to build with
> M2 a couple of months ago. Now just the core is built from the main
> POM. What is needed for building everything and create a working
> webapp?..

I haven't been able to test  the Maven stuff lately, but I'd like to
mention that the HtmlUnit tests will need to run under Maven once
they're ported to 2.2.

Currently in 2.1x you need to start an instance of Cocoon with
cocoon.sh, and run another JVM with "build.sh htmlunit-tests".

I've seen some code (from Daniel IIRC) fly by, which uses a more
integrated testing method, starting the servlet under test in the same
JVM, but I don't know what the preferred way is with Maven. Of course,
the 2.1.x way of running these tests is not suitable to automated
continuous integration.

Dunno how much impact this has on the Maven stuff, just wanted to make
sure this is not forgotten. And if someone has pointers on how to do
this the right way, I hope to find some time to port these tests to
2.2. at some point.

-Bertrand