cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CRAZY IDEA] sitemaps in javascript
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:50:24 GMT
Jens Maukisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> He suggested that the sitemaps should instead be written in a general
>>> purpose server-side interpreted language, maybe javascript.  I was
>>> horrified at the idea at first, but I've been thinking about it a
>>> little more and I think he just may be right.  Yes, I hear you all
>>> groaning :-)
>>>

> I think a fully scripted sitemap will lead to that users do more stuff
> in the sitemap as they really should do. It's maybe the same as with
> the JXTemplates and Flow today.

Honestly, many people already do too much in the sitemap, and are
eventing creative but frightening constructs that would be way cleaner
and maintainable if written with a real programming language like
JavaScript.

>>> * Eclipse has much better editor support for Javascript than xmap,
>>> with the several quality plugins available.
>>>

>> Yep. Especially with the amazing Interakt JSEclipse plugin [2]
>>

> IIRC someone has started the Lepido project to face that problem.

I heard from this "someone" that a JS editor has never been in the scope
of Lepido. Especially as one is provided with WebTools, although less
featured than Interakt's plugin.

Sylvain