cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The environment abstraction, part II
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:12:02 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Agree, but as people (you included) had valid reasons for not going that
> far in 2.2, I suggest something less radical this time, as I want to get
> rid of the problem of calling servlets from within Cocoon already in 2.2.
Yes, true, I had reasons against doing radical changes in 2.2 and I
still have them. For me these things make more sense for a higher
version than 2.2. I would love to get 2.2 out today with the main
changes being ECM++ and the Maven build.

> Yes, by letting our Request etc interfaces extend their http servlet
> counterparts we can always assume that Cocoon is executed in a servlet
> environment, (given that the actual environment provide rich enough
> implementations of course).
No, inheriting is imho not enough. What about servlet listener or
filters that might be need by some blocks? Those things only work in a
real servlet environment. And there might be other things.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/