cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update to the Servlet API
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:47:47 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>> Mocking a 4-year old specification. This is soooo dinosaurish in this
>> web 2.0 world...
>
> Hmm. If the whole spec is required, I can see where Jean-Baptiste is
> coming from. We could extend the build process to use servlet 2.3 for
> compilation, but keep the app running with servlet 2.2. Would that
> actually cause any backwards compatability issues?

I think we don't need to moch the whole spec but just the listener. So it's
one interface. As soon as we use 2.3 for compilation we can't ensure
that noone else is using 2.3 features.
With the same arguments we could just upgrade to jdk 1.4 in 2.1.x as
well. 2.1.x *is* a maintenance branch.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/