cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update to the Servlet API
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:37:24 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Jean-Baptiste Quenot schrieb:
>
>> I wish  to replace servlet_2_2.jar with  servlet_2_3.jar, but keep
>> compatibility  with servlet  2.2,  by making  servlet2.3-requiring
>> components optional.
>>
> You can't check if a component uses 2.3 functionality, so if we just
> upgrade we might end up with a not 2.2 servlet compliant solution. (Or
> is there a way?)

Servlet 2.3 has been released more than 4 years ago[1]. IMO it is safe
to consider that people using recent versions of Cocoon are running at
least servlet 2.3 and most probably servlet 2.4.

So depending on servlet 2.3 shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Sylvain

[1] http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=53