cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: caching for source objects?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:53:23 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn wrote

> Yes, I saw that one, and it works pretty well. But I thought it would be nicer to have
a less intrusive and transparent way of doing the caching... With the CachingSourceFactory,
you have to use "two" protocols, the caching one and the one you actually want to use. So
you end up with something like:

> caching:file://foo.xml
>
> Having a way to swap implementations of the SourceResolver and transparently have source
caching for every source you use (the ones that produce a non-null cache key, of course) would
be nice... Maybe we can take the implementation of the CachingSource/Factory and encapsulate
it in a CachingSourceResolver?

I think it doesn't make sense to cache *all* sources, for example you
don't want to cache file sources, context sources or pipeline sources.
So I guess you end up needing some configuration about which sources you
want to cache.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/