cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: caching for source objects?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:07:17 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn schrieb:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've run into some problems with performance (in general) and I noticed that source objects
are not cached... This is not so nice since, for example, WebDAVSources are quite expensive
to instantiate.

> Would it be a good idea in general if we subclassed the excalibur source resolver's resolveURI()
method to add some caching (and delayed release) of the sources, say, using the o.a.excalibur.store.impl.MRUMemoryStore?

I think we have a CachingSource implementation somewhere (scratchpad?)
which can be used as a wrapper around any other source implementation. I
think this one will fit your use case.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/