cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: What does a block need to run?
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:36:24 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom skrev:
> Reinhard Poetz skrev:
>> According to the pom.xml of the blocks framework, it depends on
>> cocoon-core. I'm not sure but if we consider cocoon-core being a block
>> too, we get a circular dependency, don't we?
>
> Yes it becomes circular, OTH I don't want any special purpose component
> configurations during the bootstrap of the blocks system. The workaround
>  for now should IMO be to have cocoon-core at the initial classpath
> (WEB-INF/lib) and have a fake core block that only contains the
> configuration file, but no classes.

I checked in an example of this, if you agree about the solution, you
could add a cocoon-core-components (e.g.) block that just contain the
configuration files, that can be used by the deployer.

I also integrated your code for adding the blocks to the class loader,
into the BlocksManager. No handling of jars yet, and not much testing.
Feel free to improve it ;)

Now everything should be in place for making it possible to actually
execute the deployed blocks.

/Daniel