cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Release 2.1.9
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:54:57 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Ralph Goers:
>

>>So  is this  the only  thing that  needs to  be done  or has  it
>>already been taken care of?  Are there other outstanding items?
>

> I  just committed  a fix  for COCOON-1720: Form.js  overwrites the
> CFormsInstance attribute.  This was a severe issue.
>
> I  also added  the  sendForm() function,  same  as showForm()  but
> without  creating   a  continuation,  and   the  sendFormAndWait()
> function, alias for showForm().

I believe this change broke many of the CForms samples, at least those
that do not pass a viewdata object to the Form.showForm() method.  I did
a fresh pull of the 2.1.x branch today and most of the samples are
failing with the following message:

org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException:
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js", line 124:
The undefined value has no properties.

Looking at that line it seems it is expecting the viewdata argument to
be defined, which of course is not always the case.  The previous
version of Form.js checked that and created an object if it was not yet
defined.