cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setup() called twice in one request
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:34:57 GMT
Tilman Rassy wrote:
> I think we can change our code so that multiple setup() calls are not a
> problem any longer. The reasons why I posted anyway are: If there is a bug,
> the Cocoon developers might want to know about it. Secondly, we do a lot of
> Cocoon programming in our project, and it would be easier for my collegues
> and me if we knew the exact rules that apply to the setup() calls.

Yes, you're right: now, the contract is that setup() is only called once
per request per component instance in the pipeline. So, if you have a
pipeline with one generator, one transformer and one serializer, setup()
is called once on the generator, once on the transformer and once on the
serializer (per request for this pipeline).
Now, if you happen to have the same transformer twice in the pipeline,
like applying two xslts, then of course setup is called twice for the
xslt transformer but on two different instances/objects.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/