cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Rich Server Platform
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:05:17 GMT
There is ongoing work at Eclipse to make the Eclipse OSGi framework
(Equinox) run within a setvlet container. I just read an interesting
article about it: http://www.infonoia.com/en/content.jsp?d=inf.05.07

"The Eclipse incubator Equinox has worked it out: it looks like with
Eclipse 3.2 and it's underlying OSGi services, you will be able to
create plug-ins that deploy to a servlet container."

"Is this the next big thing? I think so. I call this RSP(TM), for "Rich
Server Platform(TM)". RSP alludes to RCP. It might be much bigger than
RCP."

"I think that this is a disruptive technology."

So this will be a platform where we can deploy our Cocoon blocks.

/Daniel