cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M10N
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 05:54:09 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> Well, the Cocoon element is in flux. My goal is that it contains
>>
>>  - the target location (Where is Cocoon installed?)
>

> Do we still have such a thing like a "Cocoon installed"?

For now I think it's enough if we create everything from the scratch. The target
location points to the directory where you want the whole thing to be deployed.

>>  - a webapp skeleton - at least a web.xml we need
>

> And the Deployer expects a WEB-INF/wiring.xml there as well (I thought
> the Deployer is capable doing "auto-wiring"?)
>
>>    in the case of cocoon:dev-deploy
>

> Whats dev-deploy? Another goal? Isn't simple-deploy and deploy enough?

yes sure. Let's call it simple-deploy.

>>  - a version as deployment could change in the future (to be future-safe)
>

> Ok.
>
>>  - does deployment remove all existing blocks (attribute "exclusive")
>

> Ok.
>
>> Currently the skeleton attribute is missing and needs to be added to
>> the schema. The content is something like
>> "org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-webapp-skeleton:1.0" and can be resolved by
>> the ArtifactFactory/Resolver of Maven.
>

> Aha. I that something like the cocoon-webapp blockor something new?

yes, from its structure yes but I think of something more leight-weight. Maybe a
web.xml only and XML catalogs but not all the stylesheets which will become a
separate block.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc