cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: setup() called twice in one request
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:43:37 GMT
On 19.01.2006 19:01, Tilman Rassy wrote:

> we discovered that the setup() method of a custom generator is sometimes
> called twice in one request.

Are you sure that it is only one request. For example using the Acrobat
Reader in IE results in two requests.

> in fact, it seem to happens only if the generator
> is applied to a document that is an XSL stylesheet.

What does this mean?

> Is it normal that setup() is called more than once per request, or may it be a
> bug?

For normal circumstances this sounds a bit weird indeed :)

> Can the problem be related to the caching mechanism? (The custom generator is
> cacheable; and between the two setup() calls the caching methods were called,
> see above)

AFAIK the caching calls are ok up to the first getValidity. I don't know
why it is called twice.

> Our XSL stylesheets usually include other stylesheets. As far as I know, the
> caching mechanism takes this into account. May the problem have something to
> do with that?

In the past the problem was more in the other direction: Cocoon did not
detect all changes to included stylesheets, only a change to the root
stylesheet caused a reload. So I don't think this causes the problem -
but you never know ;)

Jörg