cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: M10N
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:24:10 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>> I hope that I can provide a first useable version of the
>> deployer-maven-plugin by the end of the week so that you (and others)
>> can try it out and that we find a balance between what should be
>> configureable and what not, which and how many configuration files we
>> want, what they actually configure and how they relate to each other.
>

> Ahem.. I was working on the plugin for the simple-deploy goal. Are we
> stepping on each others toes?

yep ;-)

I send you my initial implementation in a separate mail. Maybe you can check in
your changes by tommorrow morning so that I can have a look at it tommorrow.

> What is the <cocoon> element in the block-deploy.xml for and how should
> the simple-deploy goal satisfy that.

Well, the Cocoon element is in flux. My goal is that it contains

  - the target location (Where is Cocoon installed?)
  - a webapp skeleton - at least a web.xml we need
    in the case of cocoon:dev-deploy
  - a version as deployment could change in the future (to be future-safe)
  - does deployment remove all existing blocks (attribute "exclusive")

Currently the skeleton attribute is missing and needs to be added to the schema.
The content is something like "org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-webapp-skeleton:1.0" and
can be resolved by the ArtifactFactory/Resolver of Maven.

HTH

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc