cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: how can I build trunk?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:37:14 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

>About Maven,
>
>I tried to  mavenize the xmldb block  and I can't get  it to build
>because  some  POMs  cannot  be  fetched.   Can  someone  go  into
>cocoon-xmldb and try to build?
>
>Also,  I did  not import  the xmldb  samples for  now, I'll  do it
>later  when  the  implementation  builds.  So  there  is  still  a
>src/blocks/xmldb.  It's half-baked because I had a lot of problems
>with Maven:
>
>1) I had to download a snapshot because Maven 2.0.1 does not work

I have no problems with 2.0.1. What specifically doesn't work.

>2) I had the error with XSD schema

The cocoon-deployer and cocoon-plugins must be disabled in the top level
POM, if you refer to the problem that have been discussed earlier in
this thread.

>3) Many POMs cannot be retrieved I have to restart build 20 times

The Apache local Maven repositories doesn't work that well, and
generates intermitent cannot connect errors, IIRC. The solutions for
this is:

1. Help moving artifacts that we use from the Apache repository to the
much better and mirrored ibiblio repository, see
http://maven.apache.org/project-faq.html.
2. Reduce the use of snapshot POMs. If you start building all of Cocoon
from top level rather than from a specific block, you will use your own
snapshots of the needed block instead of those from the snapshot
repository. Especially if you change the top level POM or several blocks
at once, this might be needed as the snapshot in the repository doesn't
contain your latest changes (not completely sure about what policy maven
has for downloading snapshots from the networked repositories rather
than from your local).
3. Joining the infrastructure group and work for making the snapshot
repository more stable ;)

/Daniel