cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: M10N
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 11:19:57 GMT
Ben Pope skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently unable to get the 2.2 trunk working with maven, as
> descibed in the docs.  It might just be that it's broken what with all
> the refactoring, I dunno.
>
> I've been following this page:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/756.html
>
> When "Building Cocoon Block Deployer"
> I get a compile error:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: basedir src\main\resources\xsd does not exist

I get the same error, the directory is there but the castor plugin
doesn't find it. Hopefully Reinhard can give a better answer on what is
going on.

> I can compile successfully if I remove both
> <module>cocoon-deployer</module>
> <module>cocoon-plugins</module>
> from the top-level pom.xml
>
> OK, that seems to work and I can successfully run jetty6.
>
> I then try to create my own block and webapp using the instructions here:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/796.html
> and here:
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/797.html

These documents descreibe what we want to achieve rather than what we
have. So you have either to wait, or get involved ;)

> But both fail with a file that cannot be downloaded:
> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/block/1.0/block-1.0.jar
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> and
> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/webapp/1.0/webapp-1.0.jar
> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> Are these things known to be broken?  Whats the current workaround?
>
> If the current workaround is to wait 'til it works, then thats ok :P

You are right about the current workaround. We are making good progress,
so the waiting will hopefully not be to long.

Thanks for being eager to use the new stuff.

/Daniel