cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:20:43 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Ok, seems like we need a structured proposal :-)
>
> 1. All files needed at deployment time should go into META-INF
>    - block.xml
>    - block.xconf
>    - xconf/*.xconf (includes? do we need more that one .xconf for a
>      block?)
>    - block.xlog (if we do have logging support)
>    - block.xweb (if we need to patch the web.xml; If we need to have
>      directives to the servlet container for i.e. security policies,
>      additional mime-types this won't work here if we have hot
>      deployment of blocks)
>    - what else?

hmmm, AFAIU only block.xml and block.xweb are needed at deployment time but I
don't have a problem if all those files go into META-INF. The only concern I
have is, as said in some other mail, that we have different meanings how
relative paths are resolved:

<servlet class="o.a.c.s.SitemapServlet">
   <sitemap>sitemap.xmap</sitemap>
<servlet>

and

<components class="o.a.c....">
   <include>block.xconf</include>
</components>

Do you see what I mean?

An alternative could be:

<servlet class="o.a.c.s.SitemapServlet">
   <sitemap>COB-INF/sitemap.xmap</sitemap>
<servlet>

and

<components class="o.a.c....">
   <include>META-INF/block.xconf</include>
</components>

hmmm, WDOT?

> 2. All file that were NOT supposed to be accessed as normal classloader
>    resource (the webapp stuff) go into COB-INF
>    - sitemap.xmap
>    - **/*.xsl
>    - **/*.xml
>    - and many more

yes

> 3. The rest are normal classloader resources and belongs to the root
>    - **/*.class
>    - **/*.properties
>    - **/*.xml (i.e. internal config file)
>    - I'm sure there are more