cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 and SendMailTransformer
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:01:34 GMT
Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:

>I built Cocoon 2.1.8. on Windows XP with J2SDK 1.4.2_09, added JavaMail 1.3.1 and Activation
1.0.2 from Sun.

>When I try to use the SendMailTransformer, it only tries to connect to localhost on port
25. It doesn't matter if I change the smtp-host or smtp-post values in the sitemap, the XML
file that contains the 'mail' or in cocoon.xconf. On my (Windows) machine there's no mail
server listening on port 25 so I get the following error "Could not connect to SMTP host:
localhost, port: 25 (java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)".

>Later I excluded lib/optional/geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc5.jar and added src/blacks/mail/mocks/javax/mail/
from Cocoon 2.1.7 to build Cocoon 2.1.8. Now the SendMailTransformer does use the smtp-host
and smtp-port values. Is this a known bug/feature? If so, I couldn't find any documentation
about it and I will add it to the Wiki.

After building, remove:

geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc5.jar
geronimo-spec-activation-1.0.2-rc4.jar

Then copy the mail.jar from sun and this works.

The geronimo files are intended to be mock classes for compiled. They don't need to be used
in production.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.