cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:13:41 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>>> In Reinhards document it is META-INF/block.xml on the Wiki it's
>>> COB-INF/block.xml. So we need to make a decision:-)
>>

>> Please use META-INF/block.xml, AFAIK we agreed on making our blocks
>> valid JAR files.
>

> Any zip file with jar extension and /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry is valid
> jar file. Presence of COB-INF can not make jar file invalid.

no, but previously we had the idea of putting our classes into /COB-INF/classes
which would result in an invalid jar(AFAIU).

>> The skeleton in my tutorial should be compiled and packaged to an
>> archive having following content:
>>
>> /JAR-FILE-ROOT
>>  +-com
>>  | +-mycompany
>>  |   +-blocks
>>  |     +-myblock
>>  |       +-MyCocoonAction.class
>>  +-META-INF
>>  | +-block.xml
>>  |   +-com
>>  |   +-mycompany
>>  |     +-blocks
>>  |       +-myblock
>>  |         +-pom.xml
>>  +-cocoon-app
>>    +-sitemap.xmap
>>    +-test.xml
>

> Please move block resource files (xmap, xml, etc) into COCOON-INF, or
> COB-INF, or some such directory, so that:
>
>  a) It is more prominent that these files are not part of
>     'cocoon-app' Java package
>
>  b) It is more consistent with other J2EE jars (APP-INF, WEB-INF)
>
>  c) Naming conflict (when user has cocoon-app package) is impossible
>
>  d) Class loader can be configured to filter out our FOO-INF directory

you mean, renaming cocoon-app to COCOON-INF? Fine for me :-)

>> If we follow the default Maven directory structure as outlined in my
>> tutorial, the archive will be created automatically for us.

>>> Ok, looking at [1] it is defined in the block.xconf file, which is
>>> located in COB-INF (or WEB-INF or META-INF respectively). Is that
>>> still correct?
>>

>> I'm not sure where block.xconf should go to. I'd put it under
>> cocoon-app and not under META-INF. WDOT?
>

> META-INF is fine, I think.

this leads to another problem (my example is simplified and doesn't use Daniel's
latest suggestions):

<block>
  <sitemap href="block-sitemap.xmap"/>
  <components href="block.xconf"/>
</block>

Both, the sitemap and the component configuration contain relative paths but
they are resolved differently.

Ideas?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc