cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Caching question
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:44:04 GMT
I'm still a little unclear about how SourceValidities and non-caching
pipelines work.  The way I believe it works is that non-caching
pipelines are always considered to be invalid and their content is
recreated.  I believe then that if a parent pipeline aggregates (by any
of the aggregation techniques) one or more non-caching child pipelines
that the parent would always have to regenerate its content.

What I would like is somewhat different.

When aggregating content both the caching pipeline and the parent
pipeline will have the content, albeit in different forms.  What I would
like is for the parent pipeline to know that the content it has is still
valid so that it can return the aggregated content but if the aggregated
content needs to be reconstructed then the child pipeline will have to
recreate it.

Do I have a misunderstanding of how this works?

Ralph