cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:19:26 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> In Reinhards document it is META-INF/block.xml on the Wiki it's
>> COB-INF/block.xml. So we need to make a decision:-)
>
> Please use META-INF/block.xml, AFAIK we agreed on making our blocks
> valid JAR files.

Ok.

>>> Now to answer your question ;) the position of the .xconf of a block
>>> is defined in the components element of block.xml.
>>
>> Ok, looking at [1] it is defined in the block.xconf file, which is
>> located in COB-INF (or WEB-INF or META-INF respectively). Is that
>> still correct?
>
> I'm not sure where block.xconf should go to. I'd put it under cocoon-app
> and not under META-INF. WDOT?

block.xml contains or point to the block.xconf, so it can be place
anywhere. But if we should have a default place, wouldn't META-INF be
the most natural place?

Also, even if it isn't implemented yet, the idea is to make the choice
of component container configurable, something like:

   <components class="org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager">
     // Container specific configuration
   </components>

So a default name isn't possible.

/Daniel