cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:09:38 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:
> Hi,

> As far as I am concerned, I would argue that based on the JCP licensing
> the "Spec-Lead" of a JSR as the owner of the intellectual property is probably
> the most legitimate source to distribute the resulting JAR-File of an API.
> Thoughts?

The problem is not about where we get the API jar from, but the licence
that covers it. I couldn't find it except on the JCP dowload page where
a specific Day/JCP licence is shown.

The whole question is to know if the JCR API is under an
Apache-compatible licence and if we can redistribute it with an Apache
product. I hope so, but couldn't find any formal confirmation of it.

Sylvain