cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:12:25 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> My final concern in this will be that Cocoon can be used as a platform
> (not just a framework) to host an arbitrary number of independant
> applications maintainable by the set of tools we develop/deliver here
> for deployment of such application and management of the Cocoon instance.

There is a natural tendency for people to isolate independent services
to that damage in one doesn't affect the other.

It can be seen in clusters, OSs, JVMs, webapps and now blocks.

I think it's not a bad thing that people can host two different things
in the same cocoon (if they have memory issues, for example, it's a good
thing), but if not, they have all a range of choices to do otherwise and
I'm sure we target a user base that knows about all these anyway.

--
Stefano.