cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of view
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:47:43 GMT

As mentioned in a mail a couple of days ago, I've started to work on the block
deployment mechanism. This forced me to think a lot about how I (and hopefully
others) want to develop Cocoon 2.2 applications.

I wrote two tutorials that guide a developer step by step through the process of

  - creating a block[1] and
  - creating a web application that uses blocks[2].

At the time of writing this, the functionality described in both documents has
only been implemented partly. Nevertheless I publish them at this early stage in
order to get feedback from you to make the first contact with Cocoon 2.2 as
simple as possible.

This should also give everybody the chance of getting involved without
having to dig into the code (though I would be more than pleased if somebody does).

I have also committed the IDE and build tool independant block deployer[3] and a
skeleton for the block deployer mojos[4] that will wrap the general block deployer.

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/796.html
[2] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g2/797.html
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/deployer/
[4] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/deployer-maven-plugin/