cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] cocoon-jcr
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:21:36 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> I'm trying to get the cocoon.jcr block compiling but cannot find a
>> jcr-1.1.jar to download from any of the maven repos I know of.
>>
>> Anybody knows of one? I've found a jcr-1.0.jar at
>> http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/jars/ but I don't want to list the Day
>> server in our poms.
>>
>> I also don't know whether that one is publically redistributable and the
>> Maven 2 docs suggests downloading it from the official Sun site and
>> installing it into each ones local Maven2 repository.
>>
>> Any ideas how to solve this?
>>

> This is mentioned in the maven docs (though of not much help) :
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html
>

> Also read the discussion on repository@apache.org :
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-repository/200512.mbox/thread
> (thread "Making a redist of all the javax.* packages")
>

> Aren't there geronimo packages available for this, like eg
> geronimo-spec-javamail.jar ?

careful. JCR is *NOT* part of J2EE, so looking for them in Geronimo is
the wrong place. The reference implementation of JCR is JackRabbit,
currently under incubation.

NOTE: unlike much of the sun stuff, JCR is released under a compatible
license that was written by our very own Roy Fielding and is very
similar to the Apache License 2.0, and designed to be compatible with it.

I don't know the status of the licensing releasing of JCR, though, but
I'm sure the email I copied on jackrabbit will give us the answers we want.

--
Stefano.