cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: (Re)Licensing question
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:16:17 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> In the second, those changes will be in the hands of the distributor
>> (and thus GPLed). There are two options, either the copyright of
>> those changes is transfered to the ASF by the distributor (and then
>> we'll follows what's described above) or they'll have to maintain
>> those patches themselves as we're not going to include GPL licensed
>> code in our repository...
>
> So this means it could become a Cocoon fork and there's nothing we can
> do about it?

We can't take code that we don't own and that is licensed by some other
license and relicense it under different terms.

But the apache license states that *if* you contribute anything back,
then this would be apache licensed if you don't say anything else.

But this has very little to do with the license incompatibility problem.

--
Stefano.