cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: CForms slower with JXTemplateGenerator
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:29:20 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> --- Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@anyware-tech.com>
> schrieb:
>

>>* Sascha-Matthias Kulawik:
>>

>>>Usual  stuff, but  Cocoon runs  very slow  in this
>>
>> environment,
>>
>>>especially CForms  and the newer JXTransformer.
>>
>>Tested  on Intel
>>
>>>Hardware or using Tomcat would solve the problem.
>>
>>Do you mean using CForms's jx-macros.xml with
>>JXTemplateGenerator?
>>I   also    noticed   that    it's   much   slower
>> than   using
>>FormsTemplateTransformer.   But   Sylvain  told  me
>>to   use  the
>>JXTemplateGenerator from  Cocoon 2.2  (trunk) in
>>Cocoon  2.1.  Has
>>anyone tried that combination?
>

> I did some tests about half a year ago with the
> generator (+ macros) from the JXTemplate-block (2.2).
> After fixing some problems with the help of Daniel and
> Leszek it was as fast as (or even a bit faster) than
> the FormsTransformer.
>
> If the performance is bad in recent tests, it might be
> a problem introduced in the meantime as the macros and
> jxtemplate have been refactored and extended .

I do not recall any serious changes being made that would affect
performance.

About the combination of 2.1 with jxtg 2.2: The main problem I predict
is a different object model provided for templates (in 2.2 Request,
Response, Session and Context attributes have been extended in order to
clarify things).