cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r367382 - in /cocoon/trunk/lib: core/jetty-jmx-5.1.8.jar core/mx4j-3.0.1.jar core/mx4j-jmx-3.0.1.jar jars.xml
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:23:46 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:45:33 +0100
>> From: Leszek Gawron <lgawron@mobilebox.pl>
>> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: svn commit: r367382 - in /cocoon/trunk/lib:
>>     core/jetty-jmx-5.1.8.jar   core/mx4j-3.0.1.jar
>> core/mx4j-jmx-3.0.1.jar
>>     jars.xml
>>
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>>> and > >  that everybody helps getting the parts they care for working
>>> with the > >  Maven build.
>>> full >  replacement for current build system. Up till now we had
>>> quite a nice >  solution [1]. If we are to drop it we should resolve
>>> following issues:
>>> for >  production (I have probably never used a released version :)).
>>> If so >  there has to be a support in our build system to deploy
>>> artifacts not >  only to apache repository but also to
>>> company's/individual's repository. >  I am not talking here about
>>> simple 'mvn install' which only copies the >  file on the same
>>> computer to local repo.
>>>

>>>  The release plugin take care of this:
>>>  http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-releasing.html, IIUC you can
>>>  overide where it reads from, I'm not shure about if there if you can
>>>  override the release repository without changing the root POM.
>>

>> The official documentation states the only way to do this is to change
>> cocoon's POM and that is not a solution I would advise to users.
>

> I do not really understand the issue you are talking about (what would
> you like to deploy to your own repo? Cocoon itself?) But maybe have a
> look at the profile concept of Maven at
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html
>
> A profile can be used similar to M1 build.properties but has much more
> possibilities (overwriting distribution management things).
Yes I would like to deploy cocoon jars to my own repo. I do not want to
rely on snapshots held at cvs.apache.org because they might simply be
deleted (they're snapshots after all). In order to do that I will have
to modify main cocoon pom because these distributionManagement
parameters may only be included in pom. From the link you pointed:

<quote>Depending on where you choose to configure your profile, you will
have access to varying POM configuration options. Profiles specified in
external files (i.e in settings.xml or profiles.xml) are not portable in
the strictest sense, because they externalize some of the build
configuration from the only project metadata that is maintained on the
remote repositories: the POM. Therefore, you will only be able to modify
the repositories and pluginRepositories sections of the POM, plus an
extra properties section.</quote>

which means I cannot override distributionManagement config tag neither
in settings.xml nor in profiles.xml