cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] License handing
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:24:47 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>How do we handle all the various license files with m2? Our distribution
>should contain a corresponding license file for each jar we have in the
>dist. Does m2 have any support for this?
>
>Carsten

I guess this question is common for all Apache projects using a Maven
repository, so it should be asked at the Maven list and possibly at
Legal, any taker?

The POM has a licence tag
http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html#class_license, if all
dependencies has this correctly defined (which they haven't) the
assembly plugin could at least in principle download all the licences
and make part of the distribution.

A first step could be to define it for our own parent POM.

/Daniel