cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Versioning of blocks
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:49:04 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Once 2.2 goes into maintenance mode we could copy the whole of trunk to
> /branches and release further updates from there. All blocks will still
> be depending on 2.2 core.
>
> Now for further updates to individual blocks that depend on 2.2 core
> things are a bit trickier. One solution would be to only increment
> within the current version, ie when a block is at version 1.6 when it's
> copied to branch then only 1.6.1, 1.6.2 etc could be released from that
> branch. Users of the block in trunk would get version 1.7 and so on.

Hmm, yes, like I wrote in my latest answer to Daniels post, I'm not sure
if this is the right approach. I think, blocks will be totally
independent wrt to releases/versioning from the core in the future. And
it seems to me that the structure might cause maintenance problems for
such scenarios. I'm not sure though, but I have the feeling that this is
the case.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/