cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Versioning of blocks
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:44:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Thanks to the great efforts of Jorg and others we now have a m10n setup
> with the flattened layout. I hope this question is not stupid, but how
> do we do different versioning of blocks now?

We discussed it in some detail in

Felix has recently moved to the same structure:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-felix-dev/200512.mbox/%3c43A988F8.20509@ungoverned.org%3e

They have discussed the structure in considerable detail and has IMO
excelent reasons for the chosen structure.

> Wouldn't it be better to
> move the blocks to the blocks directory again and then do svn:externals?
> (For example move 'cocoon-session-fw' under
> cocoon/blocks/cocoon-session-fw/trunk etc.)
 > Or will this be handled at a later state?

No, externals doesn't work that well, and as you can see in the previous
discussions the current layout solves the versioning problems.

/Daniel