cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] end of first flattening round
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:37:15 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz skrev:
>
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

>>> In the test cases there are lots of resources that are loaded through
>>> the classloader. Is Maven putting both the classes generated from
>>> java and everything in resources in the resulting jar?
>>>
>>> And how is this working with the Eclipse plugin? I guess
>>> src/[main|test]/resource should be part of the Eclipse classpath, but
>>> AFAICS the Eclipse plugin doesn't generate it.
>>

>> Have a look at your pom.xml - I guess you override some of the default
>> directories there. The default behaviour of the Eclipse plugin is that
>> the directories src/main/java, src/main/resources, src/test/java,
>> src/test/resources and target/generated-sources/* are added as source
>> paths in the Eclipse .classpath.
>

> Yes, the cocoon-core have resources and testResources sections that
> probably override the default behaviour, could we remove these sections?

AFAICS you can remove

     <resources>
       <resource>
         <directory>src/main/java</directory>
         <excludes>
           <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
         </excludes>
       </resource>
     </resources>
     <testResources>
       <testResource>
         <directory>src/main/test</directory>
         <excludes>
           <exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
         </excludes>
       </testResource>
     </testResources>

I guess that Jorg has moved the resources into their default directories which
make this lines of configuration obsolete and only has forgotten to make the
corresponding changes in pom.xml.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc