cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] The Real Component Simplification
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:15:40 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> "Decomponentization" could start right away. Do you have any concrete
>> examples of components that shouldn't be components?
>
> Pipeline (sure we have two implementations, but that doesn't mean it has
> to be a component)

Five implementations. And I imagine after interface cleanup and for pipeline
API, pipeline should stay component.

?

> Just about anything that is not a Processor, Generator, Transformer,
> Serializer, or Reader.

You forgot Matchers, Selectors, and Actions. Every but small projects have bunch
of those.

Stores. Swapped very frequently, several implementations, and Cocoon's default
is not the fastest gun in the west.

Input/output modules. Tons of them.

It is very simplistic view of the world to declare that only P/G/T deserve to be
components. I'd even go as far as claim that P/G/T are implemented by cocoon
users the *least* often compared to other interfaces.

Vadim