cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: [M10N] Time to finish
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:40:27 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>--- Daniel Fagerstrom <> schrieb:
>>It is time to finish the Mavenization. Jorg, others,
>>what is left to do? 
>>We need a todo list so that we all can help finish
>>Jorg, you did some experimentation with flattening
>>the structure, what 
>>was the result?
>>IMO, even if component management, blocks and next
>>generation stuff are 
>>interesting, finish M10N should be our number one
>>priority right now.
>Over Christmas I was working on the deployer. I hope
>that I will be able to commit it next week.
Sounds great!

>I will
>also start to write a tutorial (hopefully Jorg can
>help  me here a bit) describing the Cocoon 2.2
>development process based on M2 so that we can discuss
>it without even having the complete implementation. I
>hope we can identify the rough edges this way and make
>it easy for non-M2-specialists to join the discussion.
Sounds great as well. But I'm more impatient ;) A deployer is AFAICS a 
new feature, my question is: what is the minimal amount of work we need 
to do to replace the current Ant build system with M2?

IIRC, all Cocoon with blocks included, where possible to build with M2 a 
couple of months ago. Now just the core is built from the main POM. What 
is needed for building everything and create a working webapp?

IMO, we should focus on switching to M2, ASAP. All new features can 
wait, the important thing is to get something that replaces the current 
build system.

It is time that we as a community takes responsibility for the M2 build. 
If there are some rough edges, or that the system sometimes becomes 
unstable, that is something that we have to deal with, we shouldn't wait 
for you and Jorg to finish and polish everything. A lot of people in our 
community have started to learn about using M2, and Jason and Bret 
seemed commited to help us if we run into problems when we talked to 
them during ApacheCon. We should, IMO, just switch ASAP and solve the 
problems as they come.

So, what would a minimal plan for switching be?


View raw message