cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Move to postion
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:26:01 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to implement a row action "move-to-position".
>
> We have already move-up and move-down, but I would like to move the row
> to an user specific position. You have an input box ("new-position") for
> each row where you define the new position for the row.

 From a usability point of view, this looks a bit weird...

And as we speak, I'm working on drag'n drop reordering of repeater rows.
Using DnD in tables is quirky (I understand now why Dojo and
Scriptaculous demos are all list-based) but I'm progressing.

> I defined a new action "MoveToPositionDefinition{}" in the
> RowActionDefinition based on "MoveUpDefinition{}" and my corresponding
> form stuff.
>
> Now my question is the following:
> What is the best way to get the value of the "new-position" box in the
> definition?

I'm more and more thinking that a repeater needs to have child widgets
that are not in rows, i.e. a repeater is a container for rows (which are
themselves containers) _and_ other widgets, such as repeater actions.

Also, I think the selection must be a feature of the repeater, rather
than through a boolean field that has to be manually added as of today.
That would allow to define at the repeater level if selection is
allowed, and if it single or multiple. Also that would allow to have
repeater.getSelectedRows().

WDYT?

Sylvain