cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] The Real Component Simplification
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:24:40 GMT
Berin Loritsch skrev:
> Much like Photoshop with filter plugins.  The
> block idea would be more analagous to complex macros for Photoshop.
> They may provide new plugins to use in the package, but they allow you
> to do predefined things.

I don't know enough about Photoshop to be able to follow your analogy.
Are you talking about extension points and plugins as in Eclipse or are
you talking about some other level of granularity?

> The real component simplification is to get rid of the components that
> will never be swapped out.  It's unnecessary for them to be components
> anyway.  That makes the task of providing an Avalon bridge for existing
> components much easier.  And it achieves the goal that the internals are
> not a scary mess any more.

"Decomponentization" could start right away. Do you have any concrete
examples of components that shouldn't be components?

/Daniel