cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Simplifying component handling
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:10:38 GMT
Sylvain Wallez skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> Summarizing my opinions: Users should be able to use any container.
>
> ... but we should have one usable out of the box for users that don't
> want or don't know how to make a choice.

Absolutely. In the long run I think that the OSGi declarative services
together with the configuration admin service (and the metatype service
for strong typing of the configurations) is the way to go. But the
declarative services is still unproven technology and we have some work
left to do before we have an OSGi based block system, so it might not be
a realistic choice yet.

In the mean time I would prefer something that is as leight weight and
non intrusive as possible.

/Daniel