cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Simplifying component handling
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:35:57 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>So I'm coming back to my idea, is anyone against adding constructor
>>injection to ECM++ or at least make it pluggable so I can add it for my
>>own projects? The change adds only a feature while maintaining 100%
>>compatibility.
>

> Why not setter injection?

Because I don't need it :) As you have seen in this thread there are
many arguments about a "confusing" mechanism or "hack" or whatever. My
opinion is that while constructor injection is a clean approach, setter
injection might really be more confusion.
But as I already said, if someone wants to add setter injection as well,
I'm not against it.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/