cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Simplifying component handling
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:21:57 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't comment on this. Just one (final) question: are you -1 on the changes?

Yes, -1 because:
- the mixed model will bring confusion,
- having yet another Cocoon-specific way of handling components just
makes the learning curve steeper,
- the number of saved code lines doesn't justify it (how many
manager.lookup() with all the keystrokes in these mails?),
- we already have a Spring bridge that allows us to have *real* POJOs
and much more.

Honestly, I fail to understand why you don't want to use that Spring
bridge that you wrote.

Sylvain