cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Simplifying component handling
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 12:02:23 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn wrote:

>>>What's the contract for the auto-wiring? Just assuming
>>
>>ClassA and ClassB
>>
>>>have public static fields called ROLE? Sounds somewhat "strange".
>>>

>>No, the contract would be to search for a component which is
>>registered
>>using the ClassA as the role name. Actually ClassA and ClassB are two
>>interfaces.
>

> Hmm, so what do you do about the hints? Often enough, I see "o.a.c.something.SomeInterface/hint"
(like "o.a.c.caching.Cache/EventAware") in cocoon. This wouldn't work with your assumptions
of always using FQCNs as service names.

Right. Most times these are dynamic parts, for example pipeline
processing, in this case,
you can still use Serviceable.

But as we can't get any consensus on any changes, I think we should
drop the topic and wait until we have moved away from Avalon completly.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/