cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Future Use of Form.js Version 2/Best Practice Web Apps
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:10:47 GMT
Le 23 janv. 06, à 11:57, Peter Neu a écrit :

> ...Do you have a small example just to
> get a better notion of the idea? I just like to see how to generate a
> header
> and incoperate it later into the whole thing. Just to get an
> impression when
> to do the css stuff and how to organize the project...

I don't have a significant small example at this point, and I'm too
busy ATM to create one, sorry.

The formatting can either happen in the pipelines which generate the
page parts, or later in a filter which handles the big XML document
that represents the page.

I tend to do a mix of both, having the "parts" pipeline generate simple
xhtml enclosed in clean XML structures, and combine and fine-tune the
whole thing downstream.

-Bertrand