cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tilman Rassy <ra...@math.TU-Berlin.DE>
Subject Re: setup() called twice in one request
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:51:31 GMT
On Monday 23 January 2006 09:38, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Tilman Rassy wrote:
> > Hello,

> >>Are you sure that it is only one request. For example using the Acrobat
> >>Reader in IE results in two requests.
> >
> > I'm quite sure that it is the same request and the the same generator
> > instance - we have very detailed logging. Here is an exceprt from the
> > logs:
> >
> > ------------ log except start -----------
> >
> > <SNIP/>
>
> Strange, what about the generate() method? When is that one called?
> Twice as well?

In the case of the request with the two setup() calls, it is not called at
all. Probably the response is taken from the cache. In other cases, when it
is called, it is called only once.

One thing I should mention is that in all cases the response is not corrupted.
What we see in the browser is exactly what we expect.

> Now, the best thing would be if you could provide a reproducable test
> case for us.

Yes, I will try to create one. However, since our system contains a lot of
code and data, it may take a little time to extract a testcase from it.

Tilman