cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with CachingPointProcessingPipeline
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:59:54 GMT
* Jean-Baptiste Quenot:

> It looks like  the short key is  never tried when the  long key is
> not available.  I noticed  a parameter called « smart-caching » in
> AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.  When  I set this  parameter to
> « false », the generator  result is taken from cache.
>
> Notice  that  by default,  we  « stop  on  longest key  for  smart
> meaning of this doSmartCaching parameter?
>
> I would expect  this parameter defaulting to  « false » instead of
> « true » for backwards compatibility,  and to invert the behaviour
> of  AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline to  try the  short key  when
> « true »  in  the  caching-point component  configuration  in  the
> sitemap to try  the short key when the long  key is not available.

To followup on this, has anoybody used the caching-point pipeline
successfully?

I intend to commit a fix to make this work.

Testcase for caching-point failure in available in htmlunit test
src/test/htmlunit/org/apache/cocoon/CachingPipelineTestCase.java

Best regards,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/